Streatham Youth Photography – Creating Contemporary Portraits Using The Environment Around You (For 14-18 year olds)
9 October @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
A free, in-person photographic workshop that will provide you with the skills to create captivating portraits, including how to direct and get the best from your model (aka friends) when posing for you.
This is for all levels of photographer, from absolute beginners upwards. Whatever camera you have, from smartphone to DLSR, anything goes. This event is only open to those aged between 14 – 18 years old.
Aneesa Dawoojee, a Fellow of the British Institute of Photography will lead this outdoor workshop. This is a hands-on event where you will be challenged. The 3 hour session with feedback at the end will include:
- Overview of the tools available to us – light, camera and creative vision
- Intro to pose : what is easy or hard about it, different ages, feeling awkward, how to relax the subject (natural vs tense)
- Composition : how to connect the subject to the scene or area that you have available, position of the light and how strong it is in relation to the subject
- Activities : 3 short burst activities where participants put learns into practice with photography / model sessions.
- Group feedback session with competition winners announced and prizes awarded!
- With Aneesa leading, there will also be professional photographers on hand to provide individual and group support / constructive feedback where required.
- Suitable for those age under 18 years old
- No previous experience required
- Any camera, including a smart phone
- A willingness to learn from all involved