Blue Hoarding project
Sponsored by Access Storage
Streatham Festival Blue Hoarding Project
The Streatham Festival Committee is keen to create a fantastic artistic mural working co-creatively with local schools and artists.
This year, the organisers have the opportunity to paint a large mural on a hoarding on the corners of Penistone Road and Kempshott Road in Streatham, opposite Baldry Gardens.
Our intention is to brighten up these street corners and welcome all who pass along Europe’s longest high street to visit our vibrant neighbourhood.
We are grateful to Access Storage and Precis Management Services Limited for enabling Streatham Festival to create this project.
Progress to date:
- Over the summer holidays, we have asked local schools for their ideas and input for this project.
- We are reaching out to the local community, to see who else might like to be involved, with involvement and support of local artists.
- A number of design concepts have been received that will deliver a large scale project. These will be considered and a final proposal selected.
- As part of the successful proposal, an experienced Project Manager will be appointed to oversee the delivery of this project.
Project Stages and Time-Frame:
- Schools’ art work is submitted by Fri 13 Sep.
- Shortlisted proposals for mural design(s) and artist(s) will be selected and Project Manager appointed.
- This is a large project, and to help us deliver it, we are searching for local artists to get involved in the various painting stages at site.
- We envisage that the painting work at site can happen in stages.
- Preparing the hoarding will start in late September and the main painting activity is planned to coincide with the Festival dates (11-20 Oct)
- We plan to run a number of activities alongside the project, which will culminate in a celebration of our community’s creativity and shared culture.
We’ll keep you updated about these events here ….
If you have any questions please do email us, and please also share this with anybody else that you think might be interested.