Film screenings throughout the day at Pullman Court, Streatham Hill
Sunday 23rd September
Free entry and open to all
Thresholds represents Pullman Court’s first film installation, offering a unique opportunity to experience the artworks and building together. As part of Open House Weekend 2018, the modernist, Grade II* residential estate will host a compelling installation of innovative female filmmakers’ short films and moving image works in both private homes and communal spaces opened exclusively for the event.
Thresholds will explore how identity is constructed in relation to architecture, homes and domesticity, from a feminist perspective.
The confirmed programme includes:
- Semiotics of the Kitchen (Martha Rosler, 1975)
- Clotheslines (Roberta Cantow, 1982)
- The Limits of Vision – Part Two: Dirt and Science (Clio Barnard, 1988)
- Pullman Court in 29 Parts (Lisa Castagner, 2014)
- 26 rue Saint Fargeau (Margaux Guillemard, 2017)